Harry Stump, Attorney At Law

1380 Old Freeport Road
Suite 3B
Pittsburgh, PA 15238

Phone: 412-281-5325
Email: hs@hstumpesq.com
Directions to our office


Be careful when you walk through a parking lot.  The National Safety Council reports that 60,000 persons are injured and 500 or more die from the 50,000 plus crashes that occur in parking lots and garages each year.  It is estimated that one out of every five car accidents occurs in parking lots. Pedestrians, and especially small children, are at especial risk from cars backing out of parking spaces and distracted drivers.  Blind zones can be created by large vehicles or trucks parked next to a backing out vehicle may block a driver’s vision for persons walking behind their car.  Not

Uninsured Motorist Coverage is the insurance bargain that protects your family against the driver who does not have any automobile insurance coverage.  Even though Pennsylvania law requires every automobile to be insured, uninsured drivers may constitute as many as 1/3 of all drivers.  The uninsured driver includes the person who did not pay their insurance premium; who drives a car without the owner’s permission; who drives a stolen car; who uses the car for hire (jitney driver); and the hit and run driver. One of the parties in the accident must have enough liability insurance to cover your losses. You can hope

In Pennsylvania, the minimum medical payment benefit that you must buy is only $5,000.  Most automobile insurance companies want to sell you either $5,000 or $10,000 worth of medical coverage.  Your insurance company may tell you that your private insurance will take care of the rest.  With today’s high cost of health care, that $5,000 benefit would only cover the most minor injury case.  The minimum amount of automobile medical payment benefit that I recommend is $50,000.  In a recent case, the health insurance subrogation claim was more than $130,000   To avoid that type of lien, I recommend asking for

MINIMUM RECOMMENDED LIABILITY - $100,000-$300,000 MEDICAL BENEFITS - $50,000 UNDERINSURED AND UNINSURED MOTORIST - $100,000-$300,000-STACKED INCOME LOSS - $1000 –$5000 √ FULL TORT These are minimum recommended coverages. You should increase your coverage beyond these minimums as you can afford it. A good rule of thumb is to have as much underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage as you will earn the rest of your life. This will help to protect your future earning capacity against a catastrophic loss. Read your automobile insurance declaration page carefully. Asking an agent for "Full Coverage" may get you Limited Tort, minimum liability coverage, minimum medical benefits