Harry Stump, Attorney At Law

1380 Old Freeport Road
Suite 3B
Pittsburgh, PA 15238

Phone: 412-281-5325
Email: hs@hstumpesq.com
Directions to our office

Harry Stump, Esq.


If you are in a serious car accident and cannot work for a long period of time, Uninsured Motorist Coverage protects your family against the driver who may have low limits of liability insurance coverage.  Pennsylvania law only requires that a driver have $15,000- $30,000 in liability insurance coverage.  The $15,000 pays for injuries to one person, while the $30,000 represents the total available for one accident.  These minimum limits have not been raised since before 1980.

If you are injured in a car accident and cannot work, you will need money to pay your rent, mortgage, car payment, utilities, food, etc.  Never agree to a rejection or reduction of Underinsured Motorist Coverage.  Buy as much of this coverage as you can afford.

Would you carry only $15,000 worth of fire insurance on your $100,000 home?  A person earning $30,000 a year who cannot work for the next 10 years because of a car accident would need $300,000 in available coverage.

One of the parties in the accident must have enough liability insurance to cover your losses.

You can hope that the other driver has a large liability policy.  Or you can protect your family and yourself by purchasing adequate uninsured motorist coverage.